K-Rock 89.3
In order to view all the elements of this sites Flash 8 needs to be installed . Click here to install Flash.
K-Rock 89.3
In order to view all the elements of this sites Flash 8 needs to be installed . Click here to install Flash.
    Home  |  News  |  Features  |  Contests  |  On Air!  |  Community  |  Arcade  |  Photos  |  Contact Us  |  General  |  Careers  |  Wall paper
Send to a friend
News

 

 

                             NEWS FOR SEPTEMBER 16/14

 

 

Nova Scotia Power agrees with a consultant's report that recently concluded it needs more detailed weather forecasting services and an improved website when storms hit.
The utility says it will act on a critique of its response to post-tropical storm Arthur filed last week by Liberty Consulting Group.
Nova Scotia Power agreed to act on almost all of the 32 findings by the consultant on ways to improve its response.
The company concedes its weather modelling didn't foresee the amount of damage to power lines and says it will hire an additional forecaster.
It also says it plans to improve its website by Sept. 30.


Some residents of Annapolis County will have to travel further to get their groceries.

The only grocery store between Annapolis Royal and Digby will close its doors September 27th.

In a Facebook posting the owners of Graves ValuFoods in Cornwallis say they're closing because they've never been able to make any money.

The closure puts a dozen people out of work.


Another delay in the court case of the top administrator in West Hants.

The lawyer for Cheryl Chislett was in court this morning and said she needed more time to prepare and got the matter adjourned to October 7th.

Chislett is charged with assault with a weapon after her husband was allegedly attacked with a hammer in the family home in June.

She's been on sick leave from her job as Chief Administrative Officer since then.


A group of unions has banded together to launch a legal challenge against a law that ended a strike by 2,400 nurses in Halifax in April.
The statement of claim filed Friday in the Nova Scotia Supreme Court alleges the law contravenes the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and international law by interfering with the right to strike by health and community services employees.
The Nova Scotia Federation of Labour, the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union, the Canadian Union of Public Employees, the Nova Scotia Nurses Union and Unifor are all part of the court action.


A badly injured man found unconscious beside a highway on the weekend has died.
Police in the Halifax area say 48 year old Arnold Frederick Hubley of South Maitland died Monday night.
Investigators are asking for the public's help as they try to determine how Hubley was injured.
The RCMP say he was found Saturday afternoon on Highway 215 in South Maitland.
He was suffering from a head wound at the time.
Police say it appears Hubley was a passenger in a vehicle before he was injured.


Donald Bayne, the lawyer for Mike Duffy, made a brief court appearance this morning and says he hopes to set a trial date for the suspended senator at another court meeting next week.
Duffy was not in the court.
In July, the RCMP charged the former Conservative senator with 31 counts related to expense claims.
The charges include fraud, breach of trust and bribery.
Bayne has said his client is eager for an early court date.


Finance Minister Diana Whalen says the cost of restarting the ferry service between Yarmouth and Maine was an unforeseen expense since she released her spring budget.
In her latest fiscal update, Whalen warns that big choices will have to be made in next spring's budget to keep the province from sinking deeper into the red.
She says one of the unexpected costs since last April stems from the operator of the Nova Star ferry receiving the remainder of a 21-million-dollar loan that was meant to be spent over seven years.
Whalen says the Treasury Board hasn't received any requests for more financial help.


The flames are no longer a threat, but people living near a commercial building destroyed by fire Sunday in Halifax have been forced from their homes again.
The Red Cross says a row of townhouses on Brunswick Street have been evacuated over fears the building's unstable brick walls could collapse onto their historic homes.
The townhouses are more than a century old.
Residents could be out of their homes for up to two weeks.
The townhouses were also evacuated during Sunday morning's fire, which gutted a two-storey building on Portland Place that housed a number of businesses.


Halifax police are investigating after shots were fired in two neighbourhoods overnight.
Officers were called to Spryfield after shots were fired and several bullet holes were found in the kitchen window of a home.
Police say shots also rang out on Federal Avenue in Halifax's west end, striking a house.
No one was hurt in either shooting.
Police say it is too early to know whether the incidents are connected.


 

 














K-Rockin Around The Christmas Tree Pt 1

Rockin' The Garden With Blomidon Nurseries PT 4
View More Videos


K-Rock 89.3 - Random Banner



K-Rock 89.3
Home  |  News  |  Features  |  Contests  |  On Air!  |  Community  |  Arcade  |  Photos  |  Contact Us  |  General  |  Careers  |  Wall paper  | Privacy Policy